Embrace is an exclusive boutique which offers a specialist service to women affected by cancer, those undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and to women experiencing hair loss.
The business was set up as a result of personal experience, which led to us conclude that women affected by cancer and alopecia are getting a raw deal from mainstream retailers. We believe that:
- You should be able to purchase the products you need easily – without making multiple trips or doing hours of research on the internet.
- You should be able to browse through a wide range of quality products – not just the couple of token mastectomy bras at the back of your local high street department store.
- You should have the opportunity to try on and compare items before buying if you wish to do so – rather than having to guess what will suit you from a picture in a brochure or on the internet.
- You should be served by staff who are well trained in fitting, knowledgeable about their products and sensitive to your needs.
- You should be able to do all of this in a comfortable and discreet environment – not through a curtain at a high street store fitting room or in a pokey corner at the back of a hairdressing supplier.
Our mission is to try to improve this. Alongside our mainstream lingerie offerings, we therefore have a wide range of high quality, luxury lingerie, swimwear and prostheses and accessories for ladies who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. We also have a selection of wigs and headwear, suitable for customers undergoing chemotherapy or with alopecia. We aim to give our customers an individual service and to offer useful advice.
Our internet shop makes our products available to those ladies who are not able to attend in person and we are always available to provide assistance by telephone or email where needed.
We are proud of our efforts, which have resulted in us being named as an Anita Care “Centre of Excellence”. This means that the Anita lingerie brand recognises that we provide a sensitive, qualified and professional service to our customers, with a comprehensive selection of products for women who have had breast surgery. We have also won the Stars Underlines Special Care Recognition Award – the lingerie industry “Oscars” award for outstanding service in special fittings and care – on two occasions.